First time in class at 48!

First time in class at 48!

At 48, Mama Halima has for the first time entered a classroom to learn and gain knowledge. “I have never gone to school and I have never been to any class” she excitedly explains to us on the graduation day. Learning how to use a computer and the internet through the DigiTruck was her first experience being in a classroom set up!

Mama Halima holding her graduation certificate inside the DigiTruck


Mama Halima is a mother of two, and a grandmother to one. She is a resident of Mlolongo, Athi River who has taken initiative to take care of street children as they are neglected by the rest of the community. She is one of the 100 students that were graduating on 11th September 2018 after successfully going through a course on basic ICT, entrepreneurship and electronic waste management. 

It being her first time in class, she had to commit to learning how to read and write English words related to the course. Luckily her daughter, who had also enrolled for the course was able to help her through revision at home. She would also remain behind after lessons for extra-tuition with her trainer. 

Not only did she gain basic IT skills, knowledge in entrepreneurship and e-waste management but also in reading and writing the English language. 
Being awarded her certificate by one of the WEEE Centre staff
Mama Halima with The WEEE Centre manager and her daughter
after receiving their certificates.

 "The educations I have now will help me in managing my business. I will be able to write and save my information. I am very happy to acquire my fist certificate. I had never used a computer before and I am so happy that now I know how to use it for my own benefit."

Happily posing for a picture with a classmate

Celebrating achievements with all students and the MC 



Comments

  1. เว็บ สล็อต ออนไลน์อันดับ 1 ในทวีปเอเชีย เป็นเว็บออนไลน์ ที่ดีเยี่ยมที่1ของไทย ระบบน่าไว้วางใจ pg slot เล่นได้ จ่ายจริง ไม่มีต่ำ ฝาก-ถอน เร็วทันใจเล่นง่ายไม่ยุ่งยาก ทำเงิน ได้จริง

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts